I can not compile my first C# Interop program without Visual Stud

Peter

7/3/2007 2:24:00 PM

Hi folks,
I can not compile my first C# Interop program without Visual Studio:
step 1: I downloaded tha PIA, and verified the assemblies in GAC in my
machine.
step 2: I created a simple C# console program with one line like
using Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel;
step 3: I compiled it with the following code:
csc /r:Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.dll testInterop.cs
But, the compiling error message showed the dll can not be found.
Please advise. Thanks.
PeterK
1 Answer

(Mattias Sjögren)

>step 3: I compiled it with the following code:
> csc /r:Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.dll testInterop.cs
> But, the compiling error message showed the dll can not be found.

The compiler will not reference an assembly from the GAC. Point it to
a copy of the assembly located somewhere else.

Mattias

--
Mattias Sjögren [C# MVP] mattias @ mvps.org
http://www.msjogren.n... | http://www.dotneti...