Sam

4/15/2004 3:34:00 AM

I'm trying to open an excel spreadsheet in a web page. I need to be able to
update or add records to it and save it back to the original file on the web
server. What would be the best approach for this? I would prefer it not
ask to open/save when you initially click on the link. Also not be able to
save on the local machine.

2 Answers

Greg Chagnon

Hi Sam,

You'll need to create a HTML Application to accomplish that. Check MSDN for HTA applications.

--
Mike -- FrontPage MVP '97-'02
http://www.websunl...

"Sam" <swoods@megagate.com> wrote in message news:OUi63upIEHA.3444@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> I'm trying to open an excel spreadsheet in a web page. I need to be able to
> update or add records to it and save it back to the original file on the web
> server. What would be the best approach for this? I would prefer it not
> ask to open/save when you initially click on the link. Also not be able to
> save on the local machine.

Stefan B. Rusynko

Start at http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/author/hta/hta_node...

http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/news...