VB6 update procedure with vb.Net

Paul Lance

7/2/2007 5:16:00 AM

OK My vb.net (.Net 2.0) code crashes when I update a vb6 dll.
Iâ??m using interop com to communicate to the vb6 dll.

So to start with all is well as in the .Net app is working just fine with
the vb6 dll. But then I update the vb6 dll and the my app crashes.

Update method.
First I regsvr32.exe /u ecode4.dll
Then I replace the dll with the new one (in system32) and then I
regsvr32.exe ecode4.dll

That will cause my .Net app to crash. Now interestingly if in my vb.Net code
I turn option strict Off and then run up the dll like this: Dim eo = New
ecode4.order
Then It will be happy accept the me updating the vb6 dll to the new version
but if I run up the dll like this:
Dim eo As ecode4.eorder = New ecode4.eorder
then the app will not allow me to update the vb6 dll.

Any ideas please!!

Kind regards
Paul

5 Answers

(Mattias Sjögren)

Paul,

>Any ideas please!!

Sounds like you haven't turned on Binary Compatibility in the VB6
project.

Mattias

--
Mattias Sjögren [C# MVP] mattias @ mvps.org
http://www.msjogren.n... | http://www.dotneti...

Paul Lance

Hi, binary compatibility is on in the vb6 code.

"Mattias Sjögren" wrote:

> Paul,
>
> >Any ideas please!!
>
> Sounds like you haven't turned on Binary Compatibility in the VB6
> project.
>

> Mattias
>
> --
> Mattias Sjögren [C# MVP] mattias @ mvps.org
> http://www.msjogren.n... | http://www.dotneti...
> Please reply only to the newsgroup.

pgaron

On Jul 1, 1:50 pm, "Will Vaughan" <ws...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "pgaron" <pga...@my-deja.com> wrote in message

> >http://www.mdt.co.uk/MDTSite/pages/product/product.asp?......
>
> > Do any of the RVW or Barbirolli experts know whether these particular
> > performances of Syms. #2 and #8 have been previously issued on other
> > CD labels? I have a feeling I may already own both of them.
>
> I'm an expert on neither, but I believe these were released on Dutton:
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Symphonies-2-8-Vaughan-Williams/dp/B0......
>
> or
>
> http://tinyurl.c...

Thanks very much, Will. Assuming these are the same performances, I
do already own that Dutton CD -- if only I can find it! (Poor CD
filing system + failing memory = Disaster.) I also have some other
Barbirolli recordings of both these works.

pgaron

Kerrison

On Jul 1, 7:47 pm, pgaron <pga...@my-deja.com> wrote:
> On Jul 1, 1:50 pm, "Will Vaughan" <ws...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> > "pgaron" <pga...@my-deja.com> wrote in message

> > >http://www.mdt.co.uk/MDTSite/pages/product/product.asp?......
>
> > > Do any of the RVW or Barbirolli experts know whether these particular
> > > performances of Syms. #2 and #8 have been previously issued on other
> > > CD labels? I have a feeling I may already own both of them.
>
> > I'm an expert on neither, but I believe these were released on Dutton:
>
> >http://www.amazon.com/Symphonies-2-8-Vaughan-Williams/dp/B0......
>
> > or
>
> >http://tinyurl.c...
>
> Thanks very much, Will.  Assuming these are the same performances, I
> do already own that Dutton CD -- if only I can find it!  (Poor CD
> filing system + failing memory = Disaster.)  I also have some other
> Barbirolli recordings of both these works.
>
> pgaron- Hide quoted text -

Don't you know how to Google? You tap "Barbirolli Vaughan Williams
Dutton" in the search field and you immediately get this, which tells
you all you want to know ...

http://www.musicweb-international.com/classrev/2002/apr02...

frankwm

The never-will-be-issued-on-CD mono taping of the 2nd might be
interesting 'for comparision' as the original 1958 LP mastering (CCL
30134 - 1959 release; deleted within 4years) has a more coherent sound-
balance - very dynamic with a taut/deep bass 'slam' - certainly when
compared to the first 1965 stereo LP reissue: GSGC 14012).
Dutton's CD cover artwork derives from the CCL release.