=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

4/14/2004 9:58:00 PM

If someone is creating my site do they keep it on their
computer or do I get a disc?

If they publish after they create it, to a my hosting
company of choice, what is the proper ling for this?
they are not hosting but they are what?

Thank you.
9 Answers

Steve Easton

They are your web site author.
If you have paid them, the content is yours as you are the web site owner.

--
Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage

"LA" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If someone is creating my site do they keep it on their
> computer or do I get a disc?
>
> If they publish after they create it, to a my hosting
> company of choice, what is the proper ling for this?
> they are not hosting but they are what?
>
> Thank you.

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

Ok so if they publish and maintain it what is that
called? they are not hosting but do I need to know what
kind of computers servers etc they have firewall? or do I
only worry about what the hosting has?

Thank you

Steve Easton

They are then your web master.
Just worry about the host.

--

> Ok so if they publish and maintain it what is that
> called? they are not hosting but do I need to know what
> kind of computers servers etc they have firewall? or do I
> only worry about what the hosting has?
>
> Thank you

Greg Chagnon

Steve,

This may or may not be true depending upon the contracted work. Most web designers keep their copyrighted protections and grant a
license to use the completed site.

The applies to most purchased software today. For example, you do not own FrontPage just because you purchased the package. You
purchased a license to use the software for an indefinite period of time and then only under the specific End User License Agreement
(EULA)

--
Mike -- FrontPage MVP '97-'02
http://www.websunl...

"Steve Easton" <admin@95isalive.com> wrote in message news:%23MSINCnIEHA.3832@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> They are your web site author.
> If you have paid them, the content is yours as you are the web site owner.
>
> --
> Steve Easton
> Microsoft MVP FrontPage
> 95isalive
> This site is best viewed............
> .......................with a computer
>
> "LA" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > If someone is creating my site do they keep it on their
> > computer or do I get a disc?
> >
> > If they publish after they create it, to a my hosting
> > company of choice, what is the proper ling for this?
> > they are not hosting but they are what?
> >
> > Thank you.

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

Ok so they create the site and they publish it and
maintain it? or do I have to do all that once it's
created? they are not hosting it.

Also what if they publish the site for me to my hosting
company of choice then what are they doing? the ling??
they are publishing from their server? or they are
storing it? what is the proper lingo.

Thanks guys!

Tom Pepper

> Ok so they create the site and they publish it and
> maintain it? or do I have to do all that once it's
> created? they are not hosting it.

Depends on the agreement you have with them. You'll have to ask them.

> Also what if they publish the site for me to my hosting
> company of choice then what are they doing? the ling??
> they are publishing from their server? or they are
> storing it? what is the proper lingo.

They may be creating their site on their pc and publishing it to a server
(host) of your choice. They may be hosting on their server. Or, they may
not be. Once again, you'll have to ask them.

Only they have the answers to your questions.

Ling them.
--
Tom Pepper Willett
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

> Thanks guys!

Greg Chagnon

Don't ask get a contract and read it before you sign it.

I forgot to mention that if the person writing the code writes it for his employer then the employer owns the copyright.

--
Mike -- FrontPage MVP '97 - '02
http://www.websunl...

"Tom Pepper Willett" <tompepper@mvps.org> wrote in message news:eVSNdSyIEHA.2556@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...

> > Ok so they create the site and they publish it and
> > maintain it? or do I have to do all that once it's
> > created? they are not hosting it.
>
> Depends on the agreement you have with them. You'll have to ask them.
>
> > Also what if they publish the site for me to my hosting
> > company of choice then what are they doing? the ling??
> > they are publishing from their server? or they are
> > storing it? what is the proper lingo.
>
> They may be creating their site on their pc and publishing it to a server
> (host) of your choice. They may be hosting on their server. Or, they may
> not be. Once again, you'll have to ask them.
>
> Only they have the answers to your questions.
>
> Ling them.
> --
> Tom Pepper Willett
> Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/frontpage/prodinfo/de...
> http://msdn.microsoft.com...
> -----
>
> > Thanks guys!

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

Thanks you guys. I'm just trying to learn the lingo and
know what it is I should be asking and trying to get a
better understaning of how it all works so I don't look
so clued out.

..mspx
>> http://msdn.microsoft.com...
>> -----
>>
>> > Thanks guys!

Nickname unavailable

On Feb 2, 8:05 am, Lisa Lisa <harryharr...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Feb 2, 12:16 am, Nickname unavailable
>

> <video61%tcq....@gtempaccount.com> wrote:
> > On Feb 1, 11:00 pm, Lisa Lisa <harryharr...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > hi lisa,
>
> >  you do understand that a "CONSERVATIVE" can never change course. they
> > always choose the wrong policy, and of course it always fails, then
> > they double down, if doubling down does not work, then they triple
> > down, and call liberals names.
> >  there is not amount of logic that will show them how stupid they are,
> > its government spending that is the fault. even though austerity is
> > not spending enough, or cutting spending.
> >  here is what i have gone thru lately trying to get idiots to
> > understand basic economics.
>
> >  ok, i will try this again. the first time i posted, i might have made
> > it to difficult for "THE CONSERVATIVE" to understand.
>
> > which economic theory is more plausible, demand for goods and services
> > is wage driven, or, showering the already filthy rich with tax cuts,
> > and breaking unions driving up huge wealth inequalities, will
> > magically sell goods and services?
>
> >  i am betting that "CONSERVATIVES" will choose the latter:)))
>
> >  the responses were, well, incoherent, to out of this world.
>
> >  so i tried again, this time i shortened it up hoping to encourage the
> > simpletons("CONSERVATIVES"), to at least have some coherence.
>
> > which economic theory is more plausible, raising your wages to make
> > paying your debts more easy, or cutting your wages to make your debts
> > harder to pay back?
> > i bet "THE CONSERVATIVES" will pick the latter.
>
> >  the responses were even more entertaining, including one who told me
> > i did not understand pricing. i  said demand for goods and services is
> > wage driven, his response was that china makes stuff cheap. i said
> > china has little or no real internal demand and is a illusion, that
> > has to rely on the wages of the western worker.
> >  another response which was very good, was that the "CONSERVATIVE" who
> > had no idea about how demand for goods and services worked, also was
> > pointed out that "THE CONSERVATIVE" had no idea how supply and demand
> > worked.
> >  so now i am trying to make it even easier, here it is,
>
> > which economic theory is more plausible,
> >  it takes money to make money, or, slashing your wages makes it easier
> > to pay down your now larger debts.
>
> >  i bet "THE CONSERVATIVES" will choose the latter:)
> >  and they did.
> >  one idiot "CONSERVATIVE" kept asking what do you mean by making
> > money. completely out of this world.
>
> Hey Lance,
>
> It's useless to talk to a con.  Totally useless.
>
> Lisa

yep,

"THE CONSERVATIVES" world view is flawed because its based upon a
small and particularly rosy sliver of reality.  To preserve that world
view, "THE CONSERVATIVES" believe that people had morally earned their
“just” desserts, and had to ignore those whining liberals who tried to
point out that the world didn’t actually work that way.  I think this
shows why "THE CONSERVATIVES" put so much effort into “creat[ing]
their own reality,” into fostering distrust of liberals, experts,
scientists, and academics, and why they won’t let a campaign “be
dictated by fact-checkers” (as a Romney pollster put it).  It explains
why study after study shows that avid consumers of "THE CONSERVATIVE"-
oriented media are more poorly informed than people who use other news
sources or don’t bother to follow the news at all.