Windows application with OCX on Win64

Dahab

I'm developing a .Net windows application that implements a couple of OCX
components.
The application runs ok on win32, but when I installed it on a Win 64(xp)
machine the program craches.

Also did a small test program and it is the OCXes that causes the crash.

Anyone know if inclding OCX's in a .Net windows application running on Win64
needs special "care".
The program was build using the "Any cpu" Setting.

Thanks
D.

3 Answers

Egghead

Actually, I think it is some bit shift stuff inside the OCX causing the
problem.

--
cheers,
RL
"Dahab" <divingTheBlue@d.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I'm developing a .Net windows application that implements a couple of OCX
> components.
> The application runs ok on win32, but when I installed it on a Win 64(xp)
> machine the program craches.
>
> Also did a small test program and it is the OCXes that causes the crash.
>
> Anyone know if inclding OCX's in a .Net windows application running on
> Win64 needs special "care".
> The program was build using the "Any cpu" Setting.
>
> Thanks
> D.

Christian Fröschlin

Dahab wrote:

> The program was build using the "Any cpu" Setting.

This means it will run as a native 64-bit process on Win64. Therefore,
it attempts to locate the 64-bit version of the OCX in the 64-bit
portion of the registry. If you don't have a 64-bit version of the
OCX, you need to explicitely build for 32-bit platform so the app
will run in WOW64 compatibility mode on Win64.

Dahab

Thanks for your replys.

D.