microsoft.public.frontpage.programming

Frontpage & Access Database

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

4/14/2004 6:51:00 PM

More questions from a newbie. I need to be able to update
& retrieve info from an Access database & take specific
actions based on the retrieval. Not rocket science.
However, in my Frontpage help the "Learn about databases"
is broken. Help is not very helpful.

Where can I go to learn how to interact with an Access
database using FP? I'm kinda assuming I'll need to do some
scripting so where I can learn about this would also be
appreciated.
1 Answer

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

Data retrieval using Frontpage is quite a breez.
The functionality however is quite limited, and for the
time you spend on making it more complex, you could have
used ASP.NET and the data grid. There are many samples on
http://w....

You can also download the DotNetSDK to play around with
and also download WebMatrix to edit the ASP.Net pages.
This may open up some good career opportunities for you.

Hope this helps.
regards,
Shaun O`Reilly