Cannot access WebBrowser.document using Interop

jan.loucka

6/22/2007 8:19:00 AM

We're running Windows Forms application written in .NET 2.0 (c#). The
application is single threaded app - it starts without any form
(Application.run()). After that we start another application (MapInfo
professional) from our app using interop services and do some
reparenting etc to make it look like our app. We also register our own
application as a COM server and let MapInfo professional register a
callback so MapInfo can communicate with us. Besides that we our
application also has a form that includes web browser.
We're running in some thread related problems when MapInfo (it's run
from our app) initiates the callback - it gets to our application
using OLE automation. So far so good - but when we try to set a URL in
the web browser in one of our forms - the app crashes telling us that
we cannot instantiate ActiveX component and we need to use STA (our
main is markes STA though). When we just try to access
ourForm.webBrowser.Document we get "Specified cast is not valid".
When we try to do something else - like show another form without
webbrowser in it - it works ok. So we're suspecting that there's some
problem with IE and threading.
I'd appreciate any help
Jan

2 Answers

Fattuchus

On Jan 6, 7:41 pm, "RichL" <rpleav...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Fattuchus <fattuc...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >> So you'll be more respectful toward Yoko if she stops being mean to
> >> you?
>
> > I'd be more "respectful" if she were nice to John.  But she can't be
> > nice to John.  He's dead.
>
> > Some of the things described in the Hopkins book, the Seaman book, the
> > Goldman book, and elsewhere did not paint a nice picture at all.  I've
> > never read an interview where Yoko denied most of this stuff.  Indeed,
> > the more interviews from her that I read and the more Lennon bios I
> > read, it seems much of this stuff is true.
>
> > For example, the May Pang book suggests Yoko had an affair with Dave
> > Spinozza.  Some people here prefer to say, "Don't believe May. She's
> > lying." Then I read the Philip Norman book, and he quotes Yoko as
> > admitting it.  Her excuse was that John encouraged it.
>
> John had affairs as well.  Around 40% of the world's married people have
> had affairs.  Are you going to go around and pass judgement on all of
> them?

This is a Beatles newsgroup, not an "everyone" newsgroup.

Fattuchus

On Jan 6, 7:41 pm, "RichL" <rpleav...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Fattuchus <fattuc...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >> So you'll be more respectful toward Yoko if she stops being mean to
> >> you?
>
> > I'd be more "respectful" if she were nice to John.  But she can't be
> > nice to John.  He's dead.
>
> > Some of the things described in the Hopkins book, the Seaman book, the
> > Goldman book, and elsewhere did not paint a nice picture at all.  I've
> > never read an interview where Yoko denied most of this stuff.  Indeed,
> > the more interviews from her that I read and the more Lennon bios I
> > read, it seems much of this stuff is true.
>
> > For example, the May Pang book suggests Yoko had an affair with Dave
> > Spinozza.  Some people here prefer to say, "Don't believe May. She's
> > lying." Then I read the Philip Norman book, and he quotes Yoko as
> > admitting it.  Her excuse was that John encouraged it.
>
> John had affairs as well.  Around 40% of the world's married people have
> had affairs.

You've been married twice. Did you "cheat"?