Re: [Rails] text editor for productivity?

Dick Davies

4/2/2005 8:40:00 PM

* Phillip Birmingham <pbirmingham@gmail.com> [0450 21:50]:
> > vim. not emacs. not freeride. not scite. not eclip*e.
>
> What about Pico? <g,d,r>
>
> Seriously, I think everybody should know vi, but I personally think of
> it as being like a parachute -- if I'm using it, it's because
> something's gone horribly wrong. If I'm using vi, I'm probably booted
> into single user mode off a rescue disc.

vim, not vi - vim fixes a lot of the annoyances of vi.

If you're in single user:

ed, man! man ed!

http://www.gnu.org/fun/jokes/e...

> > On a side issue:
> >
> > I'm thinking of finding God, and I was wondering: Islam or Judaism?
>
> I'm thinking you're definitely needed in the "Java wants to beat us" thread.

I couldn't resist :)

--
'Blackmail's such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The x makes it sound cool.'
-- Bender

Dick Davies

* Dick Davies <rasputnik@hellooperator.net> [0440 21:40]:
> * Phillip Birmingham <pbirmingham@gmail.com> [0450 21:50]:
> > > vim. not emacs. not freeride. not scite. not eclip*e.
> >
> > What about Pico? <g,d,r>

Sorry, wrong list :)

--
'Ugh, it's like there's a party in my mouth and everyone's throwing up.'
-- Fry

JohnPaulPontiff

Hey,

On May 13, 9:01 am, Richard Busby <richbu...@hatespam.bellsouth.net>
wrote:
> Wait... you're Barack Hussein Obama?

That's what it says on the Birth Certificate, teabagger!
Barry did all of that for us cos of Bush's failed policies!!
Now get in line for Food Stamps with the rest of the proles!!!

Pla - the One is your FRIEND! - ya

Chris Jones

On 13/05/2011 1:24 AM, Doctor Rock wrote:

> "MoonsOfJupiter" <moonsofjupiterwd@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
>> Any fake Navy SEALs hanging out in here?
>
> I served in Vietnam, rescued the Iranian embassy hostages, shot Hitler,
> Jimmy Hoffa AND Saddam (he got better), and took out Osama bin Laden
> before the queen alien could hatch from his chest

And so did my wife, Morgan Fairchild - who I have seen naked.