gem question

Its Me

4/2/2005 5:57:00 PM

C:>gem uninstall og
Attempting to uninstall gem 'og'
Successfully uninstalled log4r version 1.0.5

Why does "uninstall og" result in uninstalling log4r?

1 Answer

Jim Weirich

On Saturday 02 April 2005 12:59 pm, itsme213 wrote:
> C:>gem uninstall og
> Attempting to uninstall gem 'og'
> Successfully uninstalled log4r version 1.0.5
>
> Why does "uninstall og" result in uninstalling log4r?

Older versions of gem were overly enthusiastic in matching the requested name
against the list of installed gems. The latest version will display a list
of matching names and ask you to choose one.

--
-- Jim Weirich jim@weirichhouse.org http://onest...