Re: Ruby RDF-Redland

dominic sisneros

4/1/2005 12:32:00 PM

Sorry to everyone for not responding or working on this library lately.
I want to continue to work on this port but I have been traveling with
my work and have been stuck using Windows XP. Unfortunately, I haven't
been able to get this compiled on my machine. If anyone has a dll that
I can use for Windows, please let me know.

Right now, this library follows some Ruby conventions but needs a lot of
cleanup. What I planned to do was to consolidate the API's from Rena,
Samizdat and the Semitar library (the approaches are very similar). I
wanted to make this a more pure Ruby solution on the front end with an
abstract API to the different backend stores that Redland provides.
That was my hope but I don't know when I can get back to it unless I can
complile Redland on windows.

So, in conclusion, this project is not active at the moment but
eventually I plan on working on it some more. If anyone wants to help
in this endeavor, or if anyone wants to spearhead the port of this
library, I wouldn't mind and would even gladly accept someone leading this.

thanks,

dominic