ebay searching

Joe Van Dyk

4/1/2005 5:46:00 AM

Are there any Ruby libraries out there that will search ebay?

Thanks,
Joe

4 Answers

Hal E. Fulton

Joe Van Dyk wrote:
> Are there any Ruby libraries out there that will search ebay?

Not that I've heard of... but it does sound like a cool idea.

Why don't you write one? ;)

Hal

Charles Comstock

Joe Van Dyk wrote:
> Are there any Ruby libraries out there that will search ebay?
>
> Thanks,
> Joe

I had something that could parse out the price history given an id
number. But I didn't have anything to actually search overall.

Charles Comstock

Joe Van Dyk

On Mar 31, 2005 10:00 PM, Hal Fulton <hal9000@hypermetrics.com> wrote:
> Joe Van Dyk wrote:
> > Are there any Ruby libraries out there that will search ebay?
>
> Not that I've heard of... but it does sound like a cool idea.
>
> Why don't you write one? ;)

Ebay does offer an API for seaching and buying and whatnot, but it
costs money to do anything with it. :-(

Is screen scraping illegal nowadays?

Jeffrey Moss

Ebay has web services that I've written libraries for...

I could share my code, never bothered to package it and all that.

You get something like 50 free searches a day with the "personal" developers
license, for testing I guess...

-Jeff