RubyForge newscaster

Tom Copeland

3/31/2005 2:09:00 PM

Hi all -

Tim Sutherland, in addition to his role as the "Ruby Weekly News" guy,
has kindly volunteered to be the RubyForge newscaster. This means that
he's the one who decides which project news items get posted to the
RubyForge front page. Props to Tim for sharing the load in this regard!

Yours,

Tom

2 Answers

james_b

Tom Copeland wrote:
> Hi all -
>
> Tim Sutherland, in addition to his role as the "Ruby Weekly News" guy,
> has kindly volunteered to be the RubyForge newscaster. This means that
> he's the one who decides which project news items get posted to the
> RubyForge front page. Props to Tim for sharing the load in this regard!

I'd sort of figured this was automatic. Are there so many news items
that a person needs to actively select what to show?

Thanks,

James

Tom Copeland

On Fri, 2005-04-01 at 05:13 +0900, James Britt wrote:
> Tom Copeland wrote:
> > Hi all -
> >
> > Tim Sutherland, in addition to his role as the "Ruby Weekly News" guy,
> > has kindly volunteered to be the RubyForge newscaster. This means that
> > he's the one who decides which project news items get posted to the
> > RubyForge front page. Props to Tim for sharing the load in this regard!
> >

> I'd sort of figured this was automatic. Are there so many news items
> that a person needs to actively select what to show?

Sort of - everytime someone submits a news item on a rubyForge project,
the news item goes into a queue and has the possibility of being
promoted up to the front page. I used to select them, now Tim does...

Yours,

Tom