Re: gems for DBI and MySQL?

vrajmohan

3/30/2005 9:36:00 PM

Please try http://www.tmtm.org/en/m....

--Vraj Mohan

> Quoting "Kujawa, Greg" <Greg.Kujawa@DiamondCellar.com>:
>
> > You can go to http://ruby-dbi.source... to download the package, as
> > it doesn't come bundled with the Ruby One-Click Installer for Windows.
> > Installation isn't too bad. Just follow the documentation that comes with
> > the package...
>
> Downloading DBI is easy enough. However, I think I also need a database driver
> (DBD) for MySQL. The page you referenced above says
>
> "MySQL (dbd_mysql)
>
> depend on the "MySQL Ruby Module" by TOMITA Masahiro <tommy@tmtm.org>
> <URL:http://www.tmtm.org/... or available from the RAA."
>
> I doesn't appear that it can be downloaded from that URL and I can't find
> anything in the RAA that claims to be a DBD from MySQL. Can someone tell me
> the name of the thing I should looking for?
>
> Maybe it's just me, but it doesn't seem like setting up Ruby to work with MySQL
> is very well documented.

2 Answers

R. Mark Volkmann

Quoting vrajmohan@comcast.net:

> Please try http://www.tmtm.org/en/m....

I downloaded that and ran "ruby extconf.rb".
After that I tried to run "make", but there was no Makefile.
I assume that extconf was supposed to generated that, but it didn't.
Any ideas?

> > Quoting "Kujawa, Greg" <Greg.Kujawa@DiamondCellar.com>:
> >
> > > You can go to http://ruby-dbi.source... to download the package,
> as
> > > it doesn't come bundled with the Ruby One-Click Installer for Windows.
> > > Installation isn't too bad. Just follow the documentation that comes with
> > > the package...
> >
> > Downloading DBI is easy enough. However, I think I also need a database
> driver
> > (DBD) for MySQL. The page you referenced above says
> >
> > "MySQL (dbd_mysql)
> >
> > depend on the "MySQL Ruby Module" by TOMITA Masahiro <tommy@tmtm.org>
> > <URL:http://www.tmtm.org/... or available from the RAA."
> >
> > I doesn't appear that it can be downloaded from that URL and I can't find
> > anything in the RAA that claims to be a DBD from MySQL. Can someone tell
> me
> > the name of the thing I should looking for?
> >
> > Maybe it's just me, but it doesn't seem like setting up Ruby to work with
> MySQL
> > is very well documented.

Sorry, did not realize that you were using it on Windows. Please try
http://seagecko.org/thoughts/inde...

--Vraj Mohan