Re: New Group Board

Kujawa, Greg

3/30/2005 3:31:00 PM

> Greg, how do you intend the Rubyway group to be different from the
ruby-talk list? i.e. when should we post to one instead of the other? By Rob
[rob.02004@gmail.com]

> Hmm, sounds like ruby-talk. No? By James Britt [james_b@neurogami.com]

I just wanted a more static discussion board people could check if they
wanted an alternative to the Ruby Forum board that's currently down. The
Ruby Talk mailing list might be a little active for some people and
sometimes these same people are looking for a message board to periodically
check at their own convenience. I wasn't looking to replace anything
provided by the Ruby Talk list :-)

2 Answers

james_b

Kujawa, Greg wrote:

>>Greg, how do you intend the Rubyway group to be different from the
>
> ruby-talk list? i.e. when should we post to one instead of the other? By Rob
> . [rob.02004@gmail.com]
>

>>Hmm, sounds like ruby-talk. No? By James Britt [james_b@neurogami.com]
>

> I just wanted a more static discussion board people could check if they
> wanted an alternative to the Ruby Forum board that's currently down. The
> Ruby Talk mailing list might be a little active for some people and
> sometimes these same people are looking for a message board to periodically
> check at their own convenience. I wasn't looking to replace anything
> provided by the Ruby Talk list :-)

You may want to convey that on the group's intro page so that folks
thinking of joining know what to expect.

James

--

http://www.ru...
http://www.r...

Florian Gross

Kujawa, Greg wrote:

> I just wanted a more static discussion board people could check if they
> wanted an alternative to the Ruby Forum board that's currently down. The
> Ruby Talk mailing list might be a little active for some people and
> sometimes these same people are looking for a message board to periodically
> check at their own convenience. I wasn't looking to replace anything
> provided by the Ruby Talk list :-)

Which gets me wondering. Doesn't
http://blog.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.ru... provide most of the
features that people usually seek in a Ruby forum?