Hema

1/1/2003 10:36:00 AM

I have created 2 web services using .NET framework.
Now i want one of them to communicate with the other
directly.
Can i get some help regarding this?
6 Answers

casey chesnut

do it just like a client calling a web service.
in the one web service project, add a web reference to the other.
instantiate the proxy and make the webMethod call.

"Hema" <mhsundari@mtech.idrbt.ac.in> wrote in message

> I have created 2 web services using .NET framework.
> Now i want one of them to communicate with the other
> directly.
> Can i get some help regarding this?

(Xiao Xie [MS])

Yes this is the way.

Sincerely,
Xiao Xie
Microsoft Developer Support

Hema

yes, i think u can do it using vs.net
but we are using .net framework on the server side.
any suggestions?

edward Taaffe

I have a similar need except that I ant to try returning a dataset from the
web service and deserializing it immediately.
Theoretically I will then extend it into a business object with all the
functionality I need.
Do I still need to create a proxy stub first and if so how do get the xml
back into a dataset.
It seems long winded, is there not a simple way?
I am I thinking along the right lines here?

--
Regards

Edward Taaffe
______________________________________
www.clickit.co.uk

]" <xiaoxie@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Yes this is the way.
>
> Sincerely,
> Xiao Xie
> Microsoft Developer Support

rights.

casey chesnut

use vs.net or wsdl.exe on a devbox and then deploy to the server.

> yes, i think u can do it using vs.net
> but we are using .net framework on the server side.
> any suggestions?

casey chesnut

this is real simple.
you can return a DataSet directoy from your WebMethod.

[WebMethod]
public DataSet GetDataWS();

it will auto-serialize it to XML.
the auto-generated proxy will deserialize directly back into a DataSet.

DataWS proxy = new DataWS();
DataSet ds = proxy.GetDataWS();

you can strongly type it and the whole bit.
casey
http://www.brains-N...