SOAP Server WSDL generation

Patrick Hurley

3/29/2005 2:56:00 PM

I have successfully (not that it was at all difficult) setup a ruby
SOAP client and server, but in both cases I had to "prime the pump"
with the methods and their parameters. So I have two questions:

Using ruby soap, can the server "auto discover" the methods in a
particular class and expose them? A first cut of this would be
trivial; however, given the highly dynamic way ruby classes can handle
their parameters the guess would sometimes not be the best fit.

The second harder question is if a ruby SOAP server can generate a
WSDL either automatically or with some help (possibly having to
provide SOAP types for various parameters).

Thanks
Patrick

3 Answers

leon breedt

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 23:56:15 +0900, Patrick Hurley <phurley@gmail.com> wrote:
> The second harder question is if a ruby SOAP server can generate a
> WSDL either automatically or with some help (possibly having to
> provide SOAP types for various parameters).
ActionWebService in Rails does WSDL generation (RPC-style).

http://manuals.rubyonrails.com/re...

It does require annotation to indicate method parameter and return
value types (don't think you can get around that in Ruby).

HTH,
Leon

Seamus

mattc <nope@noway.jose> wrote in

> http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUni...
> catId=cat440160a&rootCatGameStyle=wh40k&utm_term=other&utm_medium=email
> &utm _content=image-link-body&utm_source=e4300002-
> en_GB&utm_campaign=GreyKnightsAdvanceOrderNewsletter-en_GB

*innocently checks ol' r.g.m.w and finds the "Black Box Pricing, Etc."
thread*

Oh, what's this?

*copy/pasta*

Hmm, looks like they've actually go-arrgh! MY EYES!!!

Expenaboy1: "So... The Eldar War-walker looks like an awesome frame."

Expendaboy2: "Sure, but is there a way to kitbash this somehow with an old
Penitent Engine?"

Cannon Fodder: "Hey, guys! I'm desperate! I've got a helluva bleedin'
hangover and I've gotta come up with a green for the new 'Dreadknight'
thing, and the boss doesn't just want another 'nought rehash. What the fuck
am I gonna do?!"

Expendaboys (together): *sly grin*

Expendaboy2: "Let's do it. And fetch the Fugly Stick."

--
Even if they DO say L******s!

thebosters

On Mar 9, 1:52 pm, Seamus <eatabulletsa...@yourface.net> wrote:
> mattc <n...@noway.jose> wrote innews:Xns9EA3902D286DDnopenowayjose@69.16.176.253:
>
> >http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUni...
> > catId=cat440160a&rootCatGameStyle=wh40k&utm_term=other&utm_medium=email
> > &utm _content=image-link-body&utm_source=e4300002-
> > en_GB&utm_campaign=GreyKnightsAdvanceOrderNewsletter-en_GB
>
> *innocently checks ol' r.g.m.w and finds the "Black Box Pricing, Etc."
> thread*
>
> Oh, what's this?
>
> *copy/pasta*
>
> Hmm, looks like they've actually go-arrgh! MY EYES!!!
>
> Expenaboy1: "So... The Eldar War-walker looks like an awesome frame."
>
> Expendaboy2: "Sure, but is there a way to kitbash this somehow with an old
> Penitent Engine?"
>
> Cannon Fodder: "Hey, guys! I'm desperate! I've got a helluva bleedin'
> hangover and I've gotta come up with a green for the new 'Dreadknight'
> thing, and the boss doesn't just want another 'nought rehash. What the fuck
> am I gonna do?!"
>
> Expendaboys (together): *sly grin*
>
> Expendaboy2: "Let's do it. And fetch the Fugly Stick."
>
> --
> Even if they DO say L******s!

It really is worse than the storm raven. Well... Maybe.