SSL session id context in WEBrick

Magnus Bodin

3/29/2005 1:12:00 PM

I have what I believe is a strange OpenSSL-error in WEBrick: When doing
requests from mozilla firefox to my SSL-enabled WEBrick server, I can
only do one request before it get totally lost and WEBrick chokes with
OpenSSL::SSL::SSLError "session id context uninitialized". The client
just says "The connection to 172.24.0.8 has terminated unexpectedly. Some data
may have been transferred"

It works fine when the client is Net::HTTP with https, i.e. doing a
Net::HTTP#start, #get, #get, #get and #finish.

I use peer verification with
OpenSSL::SSL::VERIFY_PEER | ::OpenSSL::SSL::VERIFY_FAIL_IF_NO_PEER_CERT
and a simple CA_PATH.

In my test environment, both client and server shares the same CA.

It seem also to work without this flaw in MSIE/win32 and with Safari/OSX.

What do I need to reconfigure in my WEBrick server to cope with this
(mis-)behavior?

-- magnus