Allan McLemore

12/30/2002 5:32:00 PM

Hey,

Is there a way to find out the connection speed of
a given IP address? must be somewhere in the
System.Net namespace but I can't seem to find it!

Thanks,
Steve.

3 Answers

(Xin Tian[MSFT])

Hi Steve,

The socket class don't have methods that directly give the information you
need here, but however you can calculate it yourself by using DateTime.Now
to get the time between the send or recv and with DateTime.Subtract, you
can get time elapsed in milliseconds.

Is this what you are looking for?

Best regards,
xintian
VS.NET, Visual C++
Microsoft

Got .Net? http://www.got...

Allan McLemore

Hey,

Thanks for the reply, but that's not quite what I mean. I
would like to know the internet connection speed from a
specified IP address; - like 56K, 256K, 512K, etc
Is that at all possible?

Thank you,
Steve.

confers no rights.
>Got .Net? http://www.got...
>
>.

(Xin Tian[MSFT])

You can try GetIfEntry and read the returned MIB_IFROW member dwSpeed.

For RAS, you can use RasGetLinkStatistics

Best regards,
xintian
VS.NET, Visual C++
Microsoft