Can some one help how to deploy this

News Groups

12/30/2002 4:36:00 PM

Hello Everyone,
I am interested to know how to deploy ASP.NET on Windows 2000 Server for the
developers in my organisation. They are working on ASP2.0
What should I install on the development server with Win2K Server with SP3
and Commerce Server 2.5 and Visual Source Safe installed.
Can the developers still use Visual Interdev 6.0 to connect to the server
and work?
I would really appreciate for suggestions and help with Microsoft Articles
and news letters.

regards,
Srinivas
Sys admin

1 Answer

Saurabh Nandu [MVP]

1) On the production server you need to install just the ASP.NET Runtime (19
MB and its pre-requisites like MDAC etc..)
2) On development machines, if you have VS.NET then install it. Else you
need to install the .NET Framework (131 MB and its pre-requisites like MDAC
etc..).

Visual Interdev does not work for ASP.NET, although you might be able to use
it like a Visual Notepad ...
You can get Web Matrix from www.asp.net - its a free ASP.NET editor that
will help you get started till you get VS.NET.

--
Regards,
Saurabh Nandu