Tameka

12/30/2002 3:06:00 PM

I am trying to reference an ASP.NET Web Service either via
VB6 or ASP 3.0 with out success.. I downloaded the soap
3.0 tool kit and created an sample ASP with the following
code.
'Instantiate SOAP Client Object
set soapclient = Server.CreateObject
("MSSOAP.SoapClient30")
Call soapclient.mssoapinit("http://serverName/WebSite/Web
References/webdir/ws.wsdl","servicename","serviceport")
'Invoke method exposed through SOAP
strMsg = soapclient.GetEventSummary '0

I get this Error
"Client:An unanticipated error occurred during the
processing of this request. HRESULT=0x800A13BD -
Client:Sending the Soap message failed or no recognizable
response was received HRESULT=0x800A13BD -
Client:Unspecified client error. HRESULT=0x800A13BD"

Or
I am trying to reference an ASP.NET Web Service either via
VB6 or ASP 3.0 with out success.. I downloaded the soap
3.0 tool kit and created an sample ASP with the following
code.
'Instantiate SOAP Client Object
set soapclient = Server.CreateObject
("MSSOAP.SoapClient30")
Call soapclient.mssoapinit("http://serverName/WebSite/Web
References/webdir/ws.wsdl","servicename","serviceport")
'Invoke method exposed through SOAP
strMsg = soapclient.GetEventSummary '0

Depending on which soap method I invoke I get the
following Errors

"Client:An unanticipated error occurred during the
processing of this request. HRESULT=0x800A13BD -
Client:Sending the Soap message failed or no recognizable
response was received HRESULT=0x800A13BD -
Client:Unspecified client error. HRESULT=0x800A13BD"
OR

WSDLReader (0x80020009)
WSDLReader:XML Parser failed at linenumber 0, lineposition
0, reason is: Access is denied. HRESULT=0x1: Incorrect
function. - WSDLReader:Loading of the WSDL file failed
HRESULT=0x80070057: The parameter is incorrect. -
Client:One of the parameters supplied is invalid.
HRESULT=0x80070057: The parameter is incorrect.

thanks

4 Answers

(Wade Mascia [MS])

Make sure the web service is ok by invoking it through the test page given
when you browse to the .asmx. If so, it's probably a client side issue -
you can find help for the SOAP Toolkit at
microsoft.public.msdn.soaptoolkit. For the access denied, could be a 401
from the webserver or something local on the client box. Use tcptrace from
pocketsoap.com to see if you are getting a 401 from the server - if so,
then it's an IIS authentication issue (you need to supply credentials
unless 1) anonymous access is checked and 2) the anonymous access account
has permissions on all resources neccessary to execute the request***). To
check on local permission problems on the client, and also for the ***
case, use filemon/regmon from sysinternals.com.

HTH!

~Wade Mascia, MCSD
Developer Support Engineer - WebServices, EnterpriseServices, MTS,
COM+, ASP/COM
 Microsoft Corporation

And now, a word from our lawyers: "This posting is provided 'AS IS' with
no warranties, and confers no rights."
--------------------
| From: "Tameka" <taspence@gapac.com>
| Sender: "Tameka" <taspence@gapac.com>
| Subject: ASP.NET Interop
| Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 06:06:44 -0800
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webservices
|
| I am trying to reference an ASP.NET Web Service either via
| VB6 or ASP 3.0 with out success.. I downloaded the soap
| 3.0 tool kit and created an sample ASP with the following
| code.
| 'Instantiate SOAP Client Object
| set soapclient = Server.CreateObject
| ("MSSOAP.SoapClient30")
| Call soapclient.mssoapinit("http://serverName/WebSite/Web
| References/webdir/ws.wsdl","servicename","serviceport")
| 'Invoke method exposed through SOAP
| strMsg = soapclient.GetEventSummary '0
|
| I get this Error
| "Client:An unanticipated error occurred during the
| processing of this request. HRESULT=0x800A13BD -
| Client:Sending the Soap message failed or no recognizable
| response was received HRESULT=0x800A13BD -
| Client:Unspecified client error. HRESULT=0x800A13BD"
|
| Or
| I am trying to reference an ASP.NET Web Service either via
| VB6 or ASP 3.0 with out success.. I downloaded the soap
| 3.0 tool kit and created an sample ASP with the following
| code.
| 'Instantiate SOAP Client Object
| set soapclient = Server.CreateObject
| ("MSSOAP.SoapClient30")
| Call soapclient.mssoapinit("http://serverName/WebSite/Web
| References/webdir/ws.wsdl","servicename","serviceport")
| 'Invoke method exposed through SOAP
| strMsg = soapclient.GetEventSummary '0
|
| Depending on which soap method I invoke I get the
| following Errors
|
| "Client:An unanticipated error occurred during the
| processing of this request. HRESULT=0x800A13BD -
| Client:Sending the Soap message failed or no recognizable
| response was received HRESULT=0x800A13BD -
| Client:Unspecified client error. HRESULT=0x800A13BD"
| OR
|
| WSDLReader (0x80020009)
| WSDLReader:XML Parser failed at linenumber 0, lineposition
| 0, reason is: Access is denied. HRESULT=0x1: Incorrect
| function. - WSDLReader:Loading of the WSDL file failed
| HRESULT=0x80070057: The parameter is incorrect. -
| Client:One of the parameters supplied is invalid.
| HRESULT=0x80070057: The parameter is incorrect.
|
| thanks

Tameka

Thank You,
I have partial success.. I moved the wsdl file to the calling client machine and read it locally to call the webservice and it worked!
However when I change the client to look at the wsdl file on the remote machine using the url amd I recieve the error below. Anonymous access is not checked and I have opened up access on the web server side. I tried to use the tcptrace but nothing ever is captured for sucess or non success invoking. I also used the filemon and regmon but there is so much information flowing what would I be looking for?.. '
Thanks again.
WSDLReader:XML Parser failed at linenumber 0, lineposition 0, reason is: Access is denied. HRESULT=0x1: Incorrect function. - WSDLReader:Loading of the WSDL file failed HRESULT=0x80070057: The parameter is incorrect. - Client:One of the parameters supplied is invalid. HRESULT=0x80070057: The parameter is incorrect.

Tameka

You would search for the word "denied" in the regmon/filemon traces. To
use tcptrace, you'd have to modify the url that you're requesting based on
the tcptrace settings. For example, if your original url to the .wsdl was
http://myotherserver/WebService1/Service1.asmx?wsdl, then you would change
it to http://localhost:8080/WebService1/Service1.asmx and use the tcptrace
settings of:
Listen On Port = 8080 (default)
Destination Server = myotherserver
Destination Port = 80 (default)

Looking at the HTTP response and the FileMon/RegMon should help you at
least figure out if this is a client-side or server-side problem. Remember
you can find help for the SOAP Toolkit at
microsoft.public.msdn.soaptoolkit.

HTH

~Wade Mascia, MCSD
Developer Support Engineer - WebServices, EnterpriseServices, MTS,
COM+, ASP/COM
 Microsoft Corporation

And now, a word from our lawyers: "This posting is provided 'AS IS' with
no warranties, and confers no rights."
--------------------
| From: "taspence" <taspence@gapac.com>
| Sender: "taspence" <taspence@gapac.com>
| Subject: RE: ASP.NET Interop
| Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 08:45:21 -0800
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webservices

| >|
| >| I am trying to reference an ASP.NET Web Service either
| via
| >| VB6 or ASP 3.0 with out success.. I downloaded the
| soap
| >| 3.0 tool kit and created an sample ASP with the
| following
| >| code.
| >| 'Instantiate SOAP Client Object
| >| set soapclient = Server.CreateObject
| >| ("MSSOAP.SoapClient30")
| >| Call soapclient.mssoapinit
| ("http://serverName/WebSite/Web
| >| References/webdir/ws.wsdl","servicename","serviceport")
| >| 'Invoke method exposed through SOAP
| >| strMsg = soapclient.GetEventSummary '0
| >|
| >| I get this Error
| >| "Client:An unanticipated error occurred during the
| >| processing of this request. HRESULT=0x800A13BD -
| >| Client:Sending the Soap message failed or no
| recognizable
| >| response was received HRESULT=0x800A13BD -
| >| Client:Unspecified client error. HRESULT=0x800A13BD"
| >|
| >| Or
| >| I am trying to reference an ASP.NET Web Service either
| via
| >| VB6 or ASP 3.0 with out success.. I downloaded the
| soap
| >| 3.0 tool kit and created an sample ASP with the
| following
| >| code.
| >| 'Instantiate SOAP Client Object
| >| set soapclient = Server.CreateObject
| >| ("MSSOAP.SoapClient30")
| >| Call soapclient.mssoapinit
| ("http://serverName/WebSite/Web
| >| References/webdir/ws.wsdl","servicename","serviceport")
| >| 'Invoke method exposed through SOAP
| >| strMsg = soapclient.GetEventSummary '0
| >|
| >| Depending on which soap method I invoke I get the
| >| following Errors
| >|
| >| "Client:An unanticipated error occurred during the
| >| processing of this request. HRESULT=0x800A13BD -
| >| Client:Sending the Soap message failed or no
| recognizable
| >| response was received HRESULT=0x800A13BD -
| >| Client:Unspecified client error. HRESULT=0x800A13BD"
| >| OR
| >|
| >| WSDLReader (0x80020009)
| >| WSDLReader:XML Parser failed at linenumber 0,
| lineposition
| >| 0, reason is: Access is denied. HRESULT=0x1: Incorrect
| >| function. - WSDLReader:Loading of the WSDL file failed
| >| HRESULT=0x80070057: The parameter is incorrect. -
| >| Client:One of the parameters supplied is invalid.
| >| HRESULT=0x80070057: The parameter is incorrect.
| >|
| >| thanks
| >|
| >|