compact framework mixup beta1, final beta, sde???

Franz Holzhauser

12/27/2002 3:14:00 PM

hallo,

i am working with VS

my setup is:

Microsoft Development Environment 2002 Version 7.0.9466
.NET Framework 1.0 Version 1.0.3705
Microsoft Smart Device Extensions for Visual Studio .NET
Version 7.00.2098

developing for pocket pc 2002 i am working with compact
framework. many papers are using the term CF but i wasnt
able to find a download link for the CF. finally i get a
version that was hidden on one of the msdn cds at my
office support center.

my first examples with that CF version are very
intressting.

last week i discovered an example paper heading "Develop
Handheld Apps for the .NET Compact Framework with Visual
Studio .NET"
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/02/03/N...
lt.aspx)

it seems to me very intressting and i tried to get the
example runnig. but there are some function used that i
could not build with my lokal CF or SDE version

to the point:

where can i find the LAST and best version of CF or SDE -
specially needed for the example paper above?

the example paper uses some fileoperation functions
like "Microsoft.VisualBasic.Kill()" these functions can
not be build maybe they have been renamed but i couldnt
find some other functions for manipulation files lokal on
pocket pcs 2002 - are they canceld or do i have the wrong
SDE and CF versions?

how can i disable tab in a tabcontrol f.e. "tab1.Enabled =
false" does not work - it seems to me that my CF and SDE
is a very early version so i hope to get an answer for my
first question?

Thanks
Franz Holzhauser