question about "moving" asp.net code

george atkins

12/26/2002 7:11:00 PM

On my aspx page, I have my list of web controls listed in
normal vertical fashion:
<asp: ... </asp:label>
<asp: ... </asp:label2>
<asp: ... </asp:textbox1>

Every now and then, all of the control listings wind up on
the same line, like this:
<asp:...</asp:label><asp:...</asp:label><asp:...</asp:textb
ox>

While it doesn't affect functionality, it makes edits very
difficult. I've put them back in vertical order several
times and saved the form. But it happens again and again!!!

How do I stop this from occurring?

George
1 Answer

Ken Cox [MS MVP]

Not sure, but you might want to try unchecking the Automatic Formatting options
to see if that is what is changing the code.

You can get there by going to Tools > Options > Text Editors > HTML/XML >
Format.