microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.sdk

ADSI DirectoryEntry NativeObject Error: A referral was returned from the server

(RichW)

12/26/2002 7:22:00 PM

I am having a problem authenticating users. On my dev box the method
works fine but when I ran the same code on the production server I got
the error:

"A referral was returned from the server"

This error is raised when the following statement is executed:

Dim obj As Object = entry.NativeObject

Here is the snippet of the two preceding lines:

Dim domainAndUsername As String = domain & "\" & username
Dim entry As DirectoryEntry = New DirectoryEntry(_path,
domainAndUsername, pwd)

Again, this works without a problem when I run this on the dev box.
Any wisdom on this would be GREATLY appreciated!

All the best,

- Rich