microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.sdk

HELP! Need help with framework/SDK/SharpDevelop/VB.NET/C#.NET for WINDOWS ME?

holy_chapin

12/10/2002 3:39:00 PM

Hi-
I plan to download the FRAMEWORK for .NET for WINDOWS ME, (the basic
runtime,
not the SDK). I also am downloading the SharpDevelop IDE/compiler. I'd
like to configure it to work with ME.

Also, what about the SDK? I know it doesn't run on ME (the full SDK,
131 mb I think). Am I just missing a lot of docs, can I run anything
in the SDK at all, how can I run them also without installing, is
there anything that I can get from the SDK basically. I know there are
some command line compilers but if I don't have the SDK that means
SharpDevelop won't work at all right and I'll never be able to code or
run a VB.NET application, right? Please help!

Yes I know you can develop and compile with SharpDevelop (which needs
to be configured for me..how do I do that?), but what about everything
else in the .NET Development SDK that can'trun on WINDOWS ME? Or is
there some trick to make it?

Any thing I have to do to make the platform which Microsoft says
should run on ME actually work..any extra steps? I read something
about having to change the PATH or something..

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you so much.

~J