microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.sdk

File or Assembly was not found !!

Rajeshwar

11/28/2002 10:31:00 AM

Hi :-)

I am trying to access an UserdefinedControl at DesignTime.,
I am getting an error message:

File or Assembly name BusinessRules, or one of its dependency, was not found
!!

Actually, This BusinessRules(Assembly) is not the Explicit Reference to my
UserControl Project,
its the implicit Reference. But I was able to solve this problem by
referencing it once again as a
Explicit reference, but as you know its a crazy methods.. :-) I am looking
for proper solution.

Using the fuslogvw tool, I found this information :

*** Assembly Binder Log Entry (25.11.2002 @ 15:51:03) ***

The operation failed.
Bind result: hr = 0x80070002. The system cannot find the file specified.

Assembly manager loaded from:
C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\fusion.dll
Running under executable C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
.NET\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe
--- A detailed error log follows.

=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: DisplayName = BusinessRules, Version=1.0.1059.22661, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=null
(Fully-specified)
LOG: Appbase = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Common7\IDE\
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = NULL
LOG: Dynamic Base = NULL
LOG: Cache Base = NULL
LOG: AppName = NULL
Calling assembly : (Unknown).
===

LOG: Processing DEVPATH.
LOG: DEVPATH is not set. Falling through to regular bind.
LOG: Private path hint found in configuration file:
PublicAssemblies;PrivateAssemblies.
LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom,
partial, or location-based assembly bind).
LOG: Post-policy reference: BusinessRules, Version=1.0.1059.22661,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files/Microsoft
Visual Studio .NET/Common7/IDE/BusinessRules.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files/Microsoft
Visual Studio .NET/Common7/IDE/BusinessRules/BusinessRules.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files/Microsoft
Visual Studio .NET/Common7/IDE/PublicAssemblies/BusinessRules.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files/Microsoft
Visual Studio
.NET/Common7/IDE/PublicAssemblies/BusinessRules/BusinessRules.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files/Microsoft
Visual Studio .NET/Common7/IDE/PrivateAssemblies/BusinessRules.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files/Microsoft
Visual Studio
.NET/Common7/IDE/PrivateAssemblies/BusinessRules/BusinessRules.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files/Microsoft
Visual Studio .NET/Common7/IDE/BusinessRules.EXE.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files/Microsoft
Visual Studio .NET/Common7/IDE/BusinessRules/BusinessRules.EXE.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files/Microsoft
Visual Studio .NET/Common7/IDE/PublicAssemblies/BusinessRules.EXE.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files/Microsoft
Visual Studio
.NET/Common7/IDE/PublicAssemblies/BusinessRules/BusinessRules.EXE.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files/Microsoft
Visual Studio .NET/Common7/IDE/PrivateAssemblies/BusinessRules.EXE.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files/Microsoft
Visual Studio
.NET/Common7/IDE/PrivateAssemblies/BusinessRules/BusinessRules.EXE.
LOG: All probing URLs attempted and failed.

And I have one more problem..

When I am trying to access the UserControlProject (Assembly) from the Server
Location,
I have the same problem.. Is it the Security Problem ??? but I have even
required permission..

Thanks in Advance !!

Raj..

1 Answer

Jerry Dennany

Easy answer: copy your BusinessRules.dll to the same deployment directory as
your executable (this is one of the things that is happening behind the
scenes when you set your explicit reference).

Long answer: Take a look at how the CLR looks for dependencies:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/c...
l/cpconhowruntimelocatesassemblies.asp

(watch for line wrap).

Respectfully,