microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.sdk

"the application could not start"

tarqs

11/27/2002 1:04:00 PM

I have installed VS.net on my laptop and desktop. No
problems with laptop but after about 5 uses of VS.net the
following error occured "the application could not start".
my .net framework SDK also brought back the same error.

After totally uninstalling and reinstalling it work but
only for about 3 or 4 goes.

Have done evrything on the following article and only the
unistall reinstall works.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?s...
us;306905

any ideas
1 Answer

(Justin Wan[MS])

Please don't post duplications. Thanks.

Script block isn't related to Only norton product. If you have other
anti-virus
product, it would cause the issue.

Reinstallation of Visual Studio .NET is somewhat complex. If we uninstalled
Visual Studio .NET only by running setup.exe, there might be some problems.
There are three articles about reinstallation for your reference.

Be sure that your product is release version.

From the event log, you can find the error message about the failure ,
which may give you some hints.
::From: "tarqs" <tarquin@hellier.co.uk>
::Sender: "tarqs" <tarquin@hellier.co.uk>