microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.sdk

Adding an Assembly to GAC

Robert L

11/20/2002 11:49:00 PM

I have added an assembly to the GAC using "gacutil.exe -if". When I list
the GAC using "gacutil.exe -l" I can see it there. However, when I go to
Project->Add References within Visual C#.Net it does not appear --

Anybody know what's up with this?

Thanks

3 Answers

Joseph Geretz

It is not intended to appear. However if you browse to your dll and include
it in your project, you will see that the properties for the reference are
set to not copy the DLL to the local bin folder. Your project will use the
copy in the GAC. If you really want, there is a way in which you can have
this appear in the .NET listing. I asked the same question a couple of
months ago and someone posted how to do this but the thread is gone. In any
case, I never pursued that alternative since the default behavior works for
me. Perhaps someone can elaborate further.

- Joe Geretz -

"Robert L" <lario@*nospam*Diemsolutions.com> wrote in message
> I have added an assembly to the GAC using "gacutil.exe -if". When I list
> the GAC using "gacutil.exe -l" I can see it there. However, when I go to
> Project->Add References within Visual C#.Net it does not appear --
>
> Anybody know what's up with this?
>
> Thanks

Phil Wilson

This sounds like KB article 306149 .

"Robert L" <lario@*nospam*Diemsolutions.com> wrote in message news:e0gshcOkCHA.2480@tkmsftngp12...
> I have added an assembly to the GAC using "gacutil.exe -if". When I list
> the GAC using "gacutil.exe -l" I can see it there. However, when I go to
> Project->Add References within Visual C#.Net it does not appear --
>
> Anybody know what's up with this?
>
> Thanks

ran wei

copy it to \WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\version

"Robert L" <lario@*nospam*Diemsolutions.com> дÈëÏûÏ¢ÐÂÎÅ