microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.sdk

VISUAL STUDIO.NET & VISUAL SOURCE SAFE PROBLEM

Ersin Gençtürk

11/20/2002 9:50:00 AM

hi friends,
we have a web project thats stays in visual sourcesafe on our test server.we
can work well with sourcesafe but our 2 developers having trouble with
source safe when creating project from our source safe server.

they both follow these steps:

visualstudio/source control/create project from sourcecontrol

they are logging to sourcecontrol and getting project file.
type are opening project file and a dialog appears saying that which url to
publish
they are choosing default url (http://localhost/application_name) and after
that windows 2000 professional
hangs up , both of them.

first we thought some kind of disk problem or something else , but when
another friend gets same hangup we think that is some kind of bug.

is there any other people here ,having same problems ?

3 Answers

Ersin Gençtürk

and also
one computer hangs up with reboot!!!
and other computer gives bluee screen!

both windows 2000 prof.

"Ersin Gençtürk" <ersing@nospam.horoz.com.tr> wrote in message
> hi friends,
> we have a web project thats stays in visual sourcesafe on our test
server.we
> can work well with sourcesafe but our 2 developers having trouble with
> source safe when creating project from our source safe server.
>
> they both follow these steps:
>
> visualstudio/source control/create project from sourcecontrol
>
> they are logging to sourcecontrol and getting project file.
> type are opening project file and a dialog appears saying that which url
> publish
> they are choosing default url (http://localhost/application_name) and
after
> that windows 2000 professional
> hangs up , both of them.
>
> first we thought some kind of disk problem or something else , but when
> another friend gets same hangup we think that is some kind of bug.
>
> is there any other people here ,having same problems ?

Ersin Gençtürk

they were both using avp antivirus software.
that is what the problem is.
after uninstalling problem resolved

"Ersin Gençtürk" <ersing@nospam.horoz.com.tr> wrote in message
> hi friends,
> we have a web project thats stays in visual sourcesafe on our test
server.we
> can work well with sourcesafe but our 2 developers having trouble with
> source safe when creating project from our source safe server.
>
> they both follow these steps:
>
> visualstudio/source control/create project from sourcecontrol
>
> they are logging to sourcecontrol and getting project file.
> type are opening project file and a dialog appears saying that which url
> publish
> they are choosing default url (http://localhost/application_name) and
after
> that windows 2000 professional
> hangs up , both of them.
>
> first we thought some kind of disk problem or something else , but when
> another friend gets same hangup we think that is some kind of bug.
>
> is there any other people here ,having same problems ?

(Mike Clay (MSFT))

Hey Ersin,

Thanks for posting that info publicly. We may need to get this documented.

Mike Clay, MCSD
Beta Technical Support

© 2002 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.