microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.sdk

Ms Help SDK 2.0 - its crashing...Help please!!

Dariush Ostowari

11/16/2002 8:13:00 PM

I am trying to register my Collection helpp file and
my name space using the IHXRegister interface and I am
following everything according to the docs, and yet
getting a crash!

Please see below code and let me know if you see
something that I am missing:

IHxRegister m_objReg;
IHxRegisterSession m_objRegSession;

m_objRegSession = new HxRegisterSession();
m_objRegSession.CreateTransaction("");

m_objReg = (IHxRegister)
m_objRegSession.GetRegistrationObject
(HxRegisterSession_InterfaceType.HxRegisterSession_IHxRegi
ster);

m_objReg.RegisterNamespace("ms-
help://MS.VSCC/MyNameSpace",

"c:\MyCollectionFileName.HxC", "some description");

The system crashes with unhandle COM exception error
when trying to execute the RegisterNamespace method
above.

Thereafter I am not able to do anything unless I
reboot the system...

Any help with this is greatly appreciated......

Regards,