microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.sdk

Deploying application to network drive.

Marlon R

11/15/2002 9:26:00 PM

I noticed that assemblies executed from a network drive have not trusted by
the runtime by default.
So I therefore would have to use the Framework Configuration tool to
manually give each assembly trusted rights to execute.

Is there any to make a one time change that assemblies on a network can
execute as trusted assemblies ?

4 Answers

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

The easiest way, although not exactly what you are asking for, is to deploy
a shell to the client and use remoting for the component calls.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA
Author: ADO.NET and XML: ASP.NET on the Edge

****
Think outside the box!
****
"marlon" <mreid@exhibitworks.com> wrote in message
news:#8lrJUOjCHA.2460@tkmsftngp09...
> I noticed that assemblies executed from a network drive have not trusted
by
> the runtime by default.
> So I therefore would have to use the Framework Configuration tool to
> manually give each assembly trusted rights to execute.
>
> Is there any to make a one time change that assemblies on a network can
> execute as trusted assemblies ?

MikeB

"marlon" <mreid@exhibitworks.com> wrote in message
> I noticed that assemblies executed from a network drive have not trusted
by
> the runtime by default.
> So I therefore would have to use the Framework Configuration tool to
> manually give each assembly trusted rights to execute.
>
> Is there any to make a one time change that assemblies on a network can
> execute as trusted assemblies ?

See:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/d...
l/winforms11122002.asp

--
MikeB

clintonG

Check this out too:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;3...

Interesting to note that certain charactres at the end of a URL are
not recognized...

--
<%= Clinton Gallagher
NET csgallagher@REMOVETHISTEXTmetromilwaukee.com

LaGarde StoreFront 5 Affiliate: e-Commerce Software Development
SEE: http://www.storefront.net/default.asp?REFERER=...

"marlon" <mreid@exhibitworks.com> wrote in message
> I noticed that assemblies executed from a network drive have not trusted
by
> the runtime by default.
> So I therefore would have to use the Framework Configuration tool to
> manually give each assembly trusted rights to execute.
>
> Is there any to make a one time change that assemblies on a network can
> execute as trusted assemblies ?

Marcelo J. Birnbach

You don't need to give each assembly the right by policy. You can avoid this
signing all the assemblies with the same key and granting permission based
on it.

You can deploy the policy to others machines in the network following the
instructions on:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/c...
l/cpcondeployingsecuritypolicy.asp