James LaVacca

11/14/2002 5:39:00 AM

I need some help understanding how to convert some
CryptoAPI code up to
VB.NET either in API calls - or preferrably moving to
the .NET native
classes.

The application is a server based app and still needs to
be backwards
compatible with old vb6 clients using the cryptoapi.

So the encryption methods cannot change...yet. Once the
server app is done,
the server app can support multiple methods - but thats
another story.

I've attached my class that I use for encryption and need
some help porting
it to vb.net since it compiles but does not seem to work.
Or does anyone
have a good place to go, book to read, which will help me
bridge what I know
about CryptoAPI and apply to the new native .net classes?

Thanks in advance