microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.sdk

Debug symbols not loaded

Rick

11/11/2002 7:20:00 PM

Hello,

I have an ASP .Net Web app. that, until now, I've had no
problems. I added a new class file and can no longer debug
anything. Whenever I set a breakpoint and run the
application, the breakpoint will have a ? indicating
that "No symbols have been loaded for this document".

I have deleted the files in the bin directory, set/reset
debugging etc., installed .NET service Pack 2 and still
nothing.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rick
2 Answers

Rick

More information,

I can set breakpoints throughout some portions of the code
and step into areas where symbols are said not to be
loaded. For example, If I choose x.aspx.vb and "find" a
place where a breakpoint will "take". Once there I can
step into any area where a breakpoint wouldn't take. I can
view all the values without a problem. (The name x.aspx.vb
was arbitrary.)

Rick

Paul Fontyn

In my experience I have found that debug symbols are not
loaded for portions of code that may not be accessed - for
example, if the code is within a method that gets called
from an if/case statement.