microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.sdk

SDK Uninstall/Install Problem

Kent

11/8/2002 3:48:00 PM

I tried to uninstall the .Net Framework SDK and got the
message "The Patch Package could not be opened". When I
tried to reinstall the SDK, I get an error message
saying 'the installation could not be completed and if
the problem persists, contact Microsoft support'. No
error message numbers were displayed.

Any help getting around this problem would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Kent

1 Answer

Bruyere

I had the same thing happen. Don't know why it worked,
but I used "Tracks Eraser Pro" to clean up some crap on
my box. It cleans some misc. reg keys. After I did this,
the install was able to complete. Again, I have know idea
why it worked. But it did.