David

11/8/2002 2:19:00 PM

Does anyone know where I can get some good documentation on MSIL. I
recently started doing some research on the web and found a site which said
I could find it in the .NET SDK. I installed the Beta 2 SDK but could not
find any full documentation. Please note, I am currently learning VB.NET
and would like some MSIL documentation which support this language.

Thanks.

2 Answers

NETMaster

Please check on your install path:

..FrameworkSDK..\Tool Developers Guide\docs

and web site (for IL book):
http://www.gotdotnet.com/...

or the ECMA std:
http://www.ecma.ch/ecma1/STAND/ec...

--
Thomas Scheidegger - MVP .NET - 'NETMaster'
http://www.cetus-links.org/oo_d... - http://dnetm...

"David" <essdataylor@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#81w#lyhCHA.1784@tkmsftngp09...
> Does anyone know where I can get some good documentation on MSIL. I
> recently started doing some research on the web and found a site which said
> I could find it in the .NET SDK. I installed the Beta 2 SDK but could not
> find any full documentation. Please note, I am currently learning VB.NET
> and would like some MSIL documentation which support this language.

(Felix Wu [MS])

Hi David,

Yes, you can find detailed documentation in the FrameworkSDK\Tool
Developers Guide\docs folder.

Regards,

Felix Wu