microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.sdk

.NET Framework SDK files

Sergey

10/28/2002 6:06:00 PM

Hi All.

I have a common problem - I need to install my application
and register ms
2.0 Help for it. As I understood it is requirement,
that .NET Framework SDK
or other MS products were available on the client machine.
I don't like the
idea to install it with my app. Could you tell me what
components does it
require?

Thanks in advance.
Sergey Zhiharev.

3 Answers

NETMaster

According:
http://www.helpware.net/mshel...
"...wont be available until sometime 2003..."

AFAIK: by license, you can NOT redistribute any parts of the SDK.

also read/ask in
microsoft.public.helpauthoring

--
Thomas Scheidegger - MVP .NET - 'NETMaster'
http://www.cetus-links.org/oo_d... - http://dnetm...

"Sergey" <sergeyz@digdes.com> wrote in message news:100df01c27ea4$6a223c00$36ef2ecf@tkmsftngxa12...
> I need to install my application and register ms
> 2.0 Help for it. As I understood it is requirement,
> that .NET Framework SDK
> or other MS products were available on the client machine.
> I don't like the
> idea to install it with my app. Could you tell me what
> components does it

Sergey

Maybe there is any software that installs MS Help 2.0, but
more compact, then .NET Framework, MSDN, VS.NET? Or there
is another way to install MS Help 2.0 on the client
machine?

NETMaster

AFAIK MS Help 2.0 is NOT yet released
and thus you can't redistribute it to end-users.

The current VSHIK is a tech-preview for developers only:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/sample.asp?url=/MSDN-FILES/027/001/914/msdncompos...