microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.sdk

Automating GAC Installation

MEGA

10/25/2002 2:46:00 AM

Other than using the fusion dll/winapi coding, does anyone know of another
way to install an assembly into the GAC. Please let me know if there is a
easier way to automate this process. I have tried to use the sdk sample but
i'm only successful at installing the assembly into the gac, however I
cannot remove the assembly. Here is the method to remove the assembly:

static public int RemoveAssemblyFromCache(string assembly)

{

IAssemblyCache ac = null;

uint n;

int hr = CreateAssemblyCache(out ac, 0);

if (hr != 0)

return hr;

else

return ac.UninstallAssembly(0, assembly, (IntPtr)0, out n);

}

This is not working any thoughts. Better yet if there is a class in the dot
framework that will do this please let me know. I really do not like this
win32 unmanaged code crap.

Regards,

Cliff