microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.sdk

Source Code Analysis on MSIL (.NET platform)

Sudhir

10/24/2002 5:51:00 AM

Hi ALL,

I want a tool, which does source code analysis of all the
dot NET languages. As you all know, all the dot net
languages are compiled into MSIL. So if I can do source
code analysis of MSIL code, then automatically I will
support all .NET languages.

The tool should parse all the MSIL code (probably offline
like cFlow and CTrace good old tools) and then do the
analysis and produce a report like allocation profiler is
producing (call and caller graph).

E.g. For a particular function, say foo(), the output
should be able to show all the functions that are calling
foo() and all the functions that are called by function foo
().

So if anybody knows availability of such tool, which does
source code analysis on MSIL (that is, it generates call
graph, callers graph, references and definitions
information for functions, symbols etc) or can help me
giving some sample code or ideas or references will be
highly appreciated.

Thanks and regards,
Sudhir