microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.sdk

Assembly loading via DEVPATH requires a semicolon at the end

Mark Edington

10/24/2002 1:47:00 AM

This is in response the unanswered post made in August to this forum:

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=588f01c2497a%248ba3f0d0%2436e...
msftngxa12

> Has anyone gotten DEVPATH to work?

Yes! At first it didn't work for me, but I found the critical piece of
missing information in another message via google. When you set the
environment variable you MUST terminate the path with a trailing semicolon
like this:

set DEVPATH=C:\MySharedAssembly\Debug;

The SDK entry doesn't mention this at all. There is also an error in the
XML in the SDK help topic, the developmentMode element isn't closed. It
needs to look like this:

<developmentMode developerInstallation="true"/>

I tested it with static references as well as dynamically loaded assemblies
(via Assembly.LoadFromPartialName and Type.GetType) and it works great. It
also
Hopefully this will help the next guy who is struggling with this.

Mark