microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.sdk

interprocess communication

Smola

10/21/2002 4:27:00 PM

Hi all,
What is the easiest way to send messages between two applications written in
C#?
I experimented with events but it seams like the applications ran in two
different runtime environments.

I am very new at dotNET. I remember registering a custom message and sending
it through Windws API is very simple but I don't think I should use Windows
API.

Thanks in advance,
Smola

2 Answers

NETMaster

Check
.NET Remoting
This is the most native .NET approach.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dndotnet/html/introre...

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/cpguide/html/cpconnetremotingov...

newsgroup:

Thomas Scheidegger - MVP .NET - 'NETMaster'
http://www.cetus-links.org/oo_d... - http://dnetm...

"Smola" <supersmolaREM@VEinet.hr> wrote in message news:Ok9dCZReCHA.2428@tkmsftngp11...
> What is the easiest way to send messages between two applications written in C#?
> I experimented with events but it seams like the applications ran in two
> different runtime environments.
> I am very new at dotNET. I remember registering a custom message and sending
> it through Windws API is very simple but I don't think I should use Windows
> API.

Smola

"Thomas Scheidegger [MVP] NETMaster" <spam.netmaster@swissonline.ch> wrote
in message news:u6MvHhReCHA.1760@tkmsftngp12...
> Check
> .NET Remoting
> This is the most native .NET approach.
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dndotnet/html/introre...

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/cpguide/html/cpconnetremot...
w.asp

> newsgroup:
> microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.remoting

thanks it worked like a charm :-))
i'm very happy, gonna get drunk now...