microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.sdk

VB.NET Locales/Languages Issue

er

10/19/2002 9:50:00 PM

Hello,

I have an VB.NET Winforms application where i need to use english and
katakana japanese.

On one of the forms, I have about 6 text boxes.
First two accept english, next two katakana japanese (halfwidth), last two
english.

Issue:
How do i invoke the locales dynamically from .NET it the gotfocus/leave
events of the text boxes ?
(Currently, I am manually switching between locales. It doesn't work when i
large quantities of data to enter)

Regards,
VT

2 Answers

Michael \(michka\) Kaplan [MS]

Well, first of all it is not a matter of invoking "locales" at all.

You can set the InputLanguage.CurrrentInputLanguage in the events as you
enter the specific controls. Have you tried this?

MichKa

<er> wrote in message news:ur3hac4igjhl19@corp.supernews.com...
> Hello,
>
> I have an VB.NET Winforms application where i need to use english and
> katakana japanese.
>
> On one of the forms, I have about 6 text boxes.
> First two accept english, next two katakana japanese (halfwidth), last two
> english.
>
> Issue:
> How do i invoke the locales dynamically from .NET it the gotfocus/leave
> events of the text boxes ?
> (Currently, I am manually switching between locales. It doesn't work when
> large quantities of data to enter)
>
> Regards,
> VT

er

That was very helpful. I did not realize that the namespace
"System.Windows.Forms" had InputLanguage class.Thanks Michka.

"Michael (michka) Kaplan [MS]" <michkap@online.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:OAZbLd7dCHA.2700@tkmsftngp10...