microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.sdk

How to Implement Persistant Table in RAM?

Siegfried Heintze

10/18/2002 6:08:00 PM

In the old days, I would map some memory to a file with CreateFileMapping
and MapViewOfFile in C++, code my own version of new that uses the shared
memory and use the features of the C++ standard library to make std::map
allocate memory using my shared memory pool instead of the default.

Is there anyway to do this in .NET? I can map memory, but is there anyway to
make HashMap or TreeMap or ArrayList use that memory?

Assuming there is not, what do I do in .NET to implement a persistant RAM
resident table?

1 Answer

NETMaster

There is no .NET support for Memory Mapped Files.
You have to use PInvoke like:
http://www.winterdom.com/d...

--
Thomas Scheidegger - MVP .NET - 'NETMaster'
http://www.cetus-links.org/oo_d... - http://dnetm...