Spartaco

10/18/2002 1:01:00 PM

How do I get the netbios name of a computer when you know its IPAddress ?

the DNS namespace gives you only the domain name of that computer, but I
need to know its name...

Does anyone can help me ?

thanks

2 Answers

Leandro Teixeira

Check System.DNS namespace

something like System.DNS.resolve

Leandro
"Spartaco" <spartacoNOSPAMME@pisoft.it> wrote in message
> How do I get the netbios name of a computer when you know its IPAddress ?
>
> the DNS namespace gives you only the domain name of that computer, but I
> need to know its name...
>
> Does anyone can help me ?
>
> thanks

Leandro Teixeira

I forgot to mencion, but, NETBIOS name is 15 chars long, so the Real DNS
name might be different.

if u only want netbios name of the machine running the process, u can do a
environment.Machinename