Marlon R

10/15/2002 4:47:00 PM

Are there any dotnet classes that can be used to get the summary information
for files that is display in the file property in Windows Explorer.

6 Answers

Rob Epstein

Marlon,

Most of the information you'll be looking for is available from the FileInfo
class. Check out the docs at:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/c...
frlrfSystemIOFileInfoClassTopic.asp

--
Hope that helps,
Rob Epstein

"marlon reid" <mreid@exhibitworks.com> wrote in message
> Are there any dotnet classes that can be used to get the summary
information
> for files that is display in the file property in Windows Explorer.

Marlon R

No it does not .
What I want is the information showed on the summary tab on the File
properties window

Can anyone help me with this.

Any Windows API will also bevery helpful.
Thanks

"Rob Epstein" <rob_epstein@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Marlon,
>
> Most of the information you'll be looking for is available from the
FileInfo
> class. Check out the docs at:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/c...
> frlrfSystemIOFileInfoClassTopic.asp
>
> --
> Hope that helps,
> Rob Epstein
> Sr. Application Architect
> ComputerJobs.com
> http://www.comput...
> "Nothing's impossible until proven so."
>

> "marlon reid" <mreid@exhibitworks.com> wrote in message
> > Are there any dotnet classes that can be used to get the summary
> information
> > for files that is display in the file property in Windows Explorer.

Rob Epstein

Sorry. You are absolutely correct. There is no managed code way of getting
at that information that I'm aware of. There might be an API, but I can't
help you there. Again, sorry and good luck.

--

> No it does not .
> What I want is the information showed on the summary tab on the File
> properties window
>
> Can anyone help me with this.
>
> Any Windows API will also bevery helpful.
> Thanks
>

> "Rob Epstein" <rob_epstein@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Marlon,
> >
> > Most of the information you'll be looking for is available from the
> FileInfo
> > class. Check out the docs at:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/c...
> > frlrfSystemIOFileInfoClassTopic.asp
> >
> > --
> > Hope that helps,
> > Rob Epstein
> > Sr. Application Architect
> > ComputerJobs.com
> > http://www.comput...
> > "Nothing's impossible until proven so."
> >

> > "marlon reid" <mreid@exhibitworks.com> wrote in message
> > > Are there any dotnet classes that can be used to get the summary
> > information
> > > for files that is display in the file property in Windows Explorer.

Ed

marlon,

I am looking for the exact same thing. I didn't find
anything in the API, but I've posted elsewhere to see if
someone knows something. If you find out something, could
you please let me know? If I learn anything I will share
it here.

thanks,

Ed

NETMaster

I guess you have to use [heavy] Interop
with 'Structured Storage', like:

http://www.domaindlx.com/e...
http://www.domaindlx.com/e...scripts/cod/net.asp
http://www.domaindlx.com/e...scripts/cod/com.asp#ole_docprop

--
Thomas Scheidegger - MVP .NET - 'NETMaster'
http://www.cetus-links.org/oo_d... - http://dnetm...

"marlon reid" <mreid@exhibitworks.com> wrote in message news:OSnM9HGdCHA.720@tkmsftngp10...
> Are there any dotnet classes that can be used to get the summary information
> for files that is display in the file property in Windows Explorer.

NETMaster

I guess you have to use [heavy] Interop
with 'Structured Storage', like:

http://www.domaindlx.com/e...