ODBC.net truncates text fields to 200 bytes??

(John Vannoy)

12/26/2002 1:36:00 PM

I'm using ODBC.Net to connect to a Lotus Notes r5 database.
Everything works great, except one minor detail - it truncates text
fields to 200 bytes! This is a major hold up, as some fields contain
up to 900 bytes.

I am using the Notes 3.01 ODBC driver. I have created a DSN and set
the "max length of text fields" property to 1500. I also set the "max
length of rich text fields" to 1500.

If I connect thru this same DSN using VB6 and ADO, I experience no
truncation.

Why would it truncate text fields to 200 bytes? How can I get around
this?

Thanks,
John