Looking for Document on ANSI SQL/92 Standards

Manpreet

9/16/2002 3:07:00 PM

Hi

I need info on ANSI Standards and difference between Oracle 8i/9i and SQL
Server 2000. Can someone please help me?

Regards

Manpreet

2 Answers

(Hussein Abuthuraya(MSFT))

Manpreet,

The following document (on MSDN) details many syntax comparisons and functionalities between Oracle and SQL Server:

Chapter 7 - Migrating Oracle Databases to SQL Server 2000
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/reskit/sql2000/part2/c0761.asp?...

I hope it answers your question!

Thanks,
Hussein Abuthuraya
Microsoft Developer Support

Are you secure? For information about the Microsoft Strategic Technology Protection Program and to order your FREE Security Tool Kit, please visit
http://www.microsoft.co....

Manpreet

Thanx for your reply. What my situation requires is developing ANSI-SQL
queries so that the queries can work on any RDBMS like SQL Server,Oracle,DB2
etc. so that maintainability is reduced if the applicatioin is shifted from
SQL Server to Oracle or anyother RDBMS.

Regards,

Manpreet

"Hussein Abuthuraya(MSFT)" <HussAbOnline@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Manpreet,
>
> The following document (on MSDN) details many syntax comparisons and
functionalities between Oracle and SQL Server:

> Chapter 7 - Migrating Oracle Databases to SQL Server 2000

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/reskit/sql2000/p....
asp?frame=true