Shail

9/13/2002 5:04:00 AM

Hello everyone,

I have a verserious problem while buliding my asp.net application witth the
INGRES database.
Here is goes :
My application uses the INGRES database to all the trasaction. Where as the
other applications built on the unix system also use this database, when
they read or write the data the this data is locked until they do not commit
to it. (they have to put commit after every sql statement), Now at this
stage when my asp.net application reads the same record its starts waiting
countiniously and then its goes in to the Deadlock state (I have this in
eventlog) and the page output says that the
SERVER APPLICATION NOT AVAILABLE. Not only this I also loose all the session
and application variable.

Could u please let me know the solution for this, I would like to redirect
the application control on an error page, or possibly flash a message that
the record is not available this time... and also I want to keep the session
variables so that user need not to login again.

1 Answer

(Microsoft Developer Support)

Hi Shail,

May be your session timeout is expiring and therefore you are losing all
the session variables.

The only way will be to somehow set the query timeout. ODBC.NET Provider
only have connection timeout and since you need query timeout you will have
to findout if INGRES Driver have a query timeout support inside a
connection string. IF they do then you can pass a query timeout inside the
connection string.

Thanks
Syed Mehdi
Microsoft Developer Support

This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights.
http://www.microsoft.co....