All Execute call also call SQLMoreResults

Richard Ney

9/12/2002 11:44:00 PM

I am trying to use the ODBC driver that comes with
TimesTen Database. It doesn't support SQLMoreResults so I
always get an exception since it appears the framework
always calls it. Does anyone know how to disable this
since SQLMoreResults seems pointless when calling INSERT,
DELETE, UPDATE, ...
2 Answers

(Hussein Abuthuraya(MSFT))

I'm sure that there is a logical reason for this call, however, not sure what it is.

Can't you catch that exception and then ignore it?

Is there a newer ODBC driver from that vendor that is more compliant with ODBC standards?

Thanks,
Hussein Abuthuraya
Microsoft Developer Support

Are you secure? For information about the Microsoft Strategic Technology Protection Program and to order your FREE Security Tool Kit, please visit
http://www.microsoft.co....

Richard Ney

I wish I knew what the logical reason for the call was, in
all my years of ODBC development I have rarely used it.

As for catching the exception and ignoring it, when doing
inserts of thousand of rows it kills performance.

I have talked to the database vendor and they seem
unconcerned that a good chunk of people who can no longer
develop against their database.

-Richard

confers no rights.