Redistributable unhandled exception

Dan Elebash

9/11/2002 10:25:00 PM

I have a windows app that uses odbc.net and runs in both
VS.NET and via the exe on my development machine.

I have copied the bin directory, installed the .Net
Redistributable and ODBC.net and get an unhandled
exception error, with no additional information, I put
traces in and can tell the application errors on the
da.fill(ds) line and goes no farther. I have it in a try
catch throw block and have specified the exception as
odbcexception,also tried as exception, dataexception, and
systemexception but cannot get any additional info as to
where the problem is. Any help would be appriciated,
thanks.
3 Answers

(Yan Liu [MS])

I guess this is an installation or configuration issue. What is the
operating system of the target machine? Did you install MDAC 2.7 (a
prereqiurement of installing ODBC .NET) on the target machine? Furthermore,
you may want to check the ODBC driver version on the development&target
machine and see if there is any difference.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Yan Liu

Dan Elebash

Checking the ODBC driver was the problem, not with the
version but in the connection string the DSN name was
spelled wrong, I guess I just expected a clearer error msg
then unhandled exception, more along the lines of unable
to connect or something like that. Thanks for your help.

confers no rights.

>.

(Yan Liu [MS])

I understand your concern. One way of reporting this to Microsoft is to
send emails to mswish@microsoft.com. I hope you continue enjoying using
Microsoft products.

Regards,
Yan Liu