Prb faced when Executing SQL Statements containing INNER Join with Microsoft .NET Oracle Client.

Manpreet

I'm using Microsoft .NET Oracle Client to communicate with my Oracle DB, my
sql statement uses INNER JOIN , WITH (NO LOCK) which is passed to
OracleCommandBuilder. I know that Oracle doesn't support them but i cannot
change my sql format as its being prepared within my COM component.

Can someone please tell me how to solve this problem so that my SQL works
for both SQL Server and Oracle DB?

Regards,

Manpreet Singh Padam

1 Answer

(Hussein Abuthuraya(MSFT))

The CommandBuilder will not be able to generate Update/Delete/Insert commands from Select commands that join tables for all .NET Data Providers (SqlClient,
OracleClient, OleDb and ODBC). It works only with single table select commands.

You should be able to parse and break down the joined queries that your COM Component sends to seperate simple queries and then handle the updates on all tables.

Thanks,
Hussein Abuthuraya
Microsoft Developer Support

Are you secure? For information about the Microsoft Strategic Technology Protection Program and to order your FREE Security Tool Kit, please visit
http://www.microsoft.co....