Problems Importing ODBC .NET Provider

Matt

9/10/2002 12:04:00 AM

I am trying to import the Microsoft.Data.Odbc namespace
into my VB .NET app but I keep getting this error:

Namespace or type 'Odbc' for the
Imports 'Microsoft.Data.Odbc' cannot be found.

I installed the ODBC .NET Data Provider successfully but
my program isn't recognizing it. Here is my code:

Imports Microsoft.Data.odbc

Please help ASAP.
2 Answers

Steve Villiers

You may need to add a project reference. To use the .NET
ODBC I believe you need to do both a Reference and an
Imports.

Simon.

Matt

Than's for your help. Creating a reference worked.